How uncomfortable it is having your hands so dry and cracked through Winter? I'll say...
I suffer from extremely dry hands and with this cold weather things get really bad. I know many people also suffer from that so I put together 5 hand creams that I think are some of the best drugstore's hand creams.
I tried so many products and only a few satisfied me leaving my hands so soft and nourished.
I will also give you some tips in how you can keep them soft and crack free hands which can be very painful sometimes.
As a beauty therapist I always tell my clients to look after their hands specially in the winter and I give them some recipe to keep the hands gorgeous and looking young most of the time.
5 of the best drugstore's hand creams in my opinion:
1- L'occitane En Provence hand cream - one of my friends recommended this one because my hands were very sore and in a few days it made them look and feel better, it has a lovely rose scent, but didn't last as I was applying every time. I found them quite expensive though.
2- Neutrogena Concentrated hand cream - reasonable price but the consistency is too thick it doesn't have a nice smell and I would recommend this one for Male's hands.
3- Nivea Age Defying Q10 Plus hand cream - has a sweet fragrance, not very strong and price is OK. It left my hands very soft, the cream has a thin consistency and you feel the softness in your hands for quite a long time, but be careful it can be a bit of mess when applied in a large quantity.
4- Vaseline healthy hand & stronger nails hand cream - the cream left my hands very soft and smooth but only for a little while, price is good, I found it a bit sticky and it has a nice floral fragrance.
5- Dove Winter care hand cream - has this creamy smell, very efficient and left my hands very soft, reasonable price and it has a good consistency great to carry on your hand bag like all the other ones above, it has natural ingredients and essential oils for everyday use. In fact they all are for everyday use anyway.
Here are some tips to keep your hands fresh and young:
- Try to apply oils on your hands everyday such as jojoba oil, grape seed or just a simple olive oil to keep your skin moist and fresh.
- Apply as many times as you want and need it only helps your skin
- Try to wash your dishes and clean your house with rubber gloves as the cleaning products can really damage your skin.
- If you can sleep a couple of nights during the week with loads of cream on your hand and wear gloves I know sometimes it can get a bit warm but it worth the sacrifice, you will wake up in the morning with a soft hand.
- Have your manicure done once a week to keep not only your hand but also your nails and cuticles healthy.
And there you go, beautiful hands at all times, if you have anymore ideas please do let us know in the comments box.